Understanding Down Syndrome: a genetic disorder caused due to trisomy of the 21st chromosome (when a child has three chromosomes instead of two). It leads to intellectual and physical delays. Although this genetic disorder is incurable, early intervention can help manage the symptoms and help your child lead a better life.
Symptoms of speech problems in Down Syndrome:
- Speech difficulties
- Weak oral muscles and low oral mobility
- Trouble in swallowing and feeding
With Down Syndrome treatment at Ahmedabad's Om Physio Plus Nutrition clinic, your child can receive beneficial therapy and training even before they start speaking. Proper encouragement and intervention programs are tailor-made to suit every child’s need – taking into account their age, limitations, surrounding factors and overall health.
Our speech and language therapist will work with your child on:
- Enhancing verbal and non-verbal communication
- Cognitive development
- Pre-verbal skills and language development
- Exercises to strengthen facial and jaw muscles
- Exercises for muscular coordination in the mouth area