Have you ever taken a warm bath after an exhausting day? Remember the feeling of tension leaving each body part? Now what we want to say is that it is no mystery to anyone that heat is a remedy to constrictions in muscles and joints. Constrictions can be in any form, pain, immobility, numbness etc. If a general warm bath can be so much effective, how efficient a targeted and optimized bath would be? What we are offering at Om Physio plus Nutrition is a therapy known as PWB. Paraffin Wax Bath is a therapy for various joints and muscle in which the use of paraffin wax makes sure an effective and targeted transfer of heat to joints and skin. The heat transferred is soothing but so penetrating that this therapy has been categorized into deep heat form of therapies. The use of this wax, apart from transferring heat is to retain that heat for longer periods into muscles
How PWB is done
- As it is important for us to make sure our patients are comfortable during the procedure, the first step is to make them aware of the type of therapy PWB is.
- The affected part of the body is well evaluated to check if the treatment is suitable for the patient.
- After evaluation the body part is prepared for the therapy by cleansing.
- Liquefied, molten wax is dripped by the therapist on their own hand first to check the temperature.
- As the patients are now comfortable, the part to be treated is kept close to the wax bath container
- The skin is again evaluated for their must is not moisture on the skin
- Medium heated wax is the applied on the surface of the body part and then kept as it is for 15 to 20 minutes.
The dogmatic goal of PWB at Om Physio Plus Nutrition center is to capture the heat inside the skin to relax the vessels, therefore enhance the blood circulation, resulting in better healing and removal of toxins.
Benefits of Paraffin Wax bath
- PWB treats
- Pain due to rheumatoid arthritis
- Sprained ankle, knee, thumb etc.
- Joint restrictions
- Post-surgical pain
- Intense Swelling
Effects of PWB
- Better heat retaining in muscles and joints
- Better vasodilatation
- Relaxing feeling due to sedative effect
- Leaves skin as a better potential recipient of any other therapy