How Does Physiotherapy Helps in the Treatment of Spine Pain?
Spinal pain is a condition for which you can easily put your trust in physiotherapists. The reason behind this bold statement is that physiotherapists are experienced by their operative training of getting expertise in the treatment of a wide range of spine-related issues. These practitioners are experts in managing patients:
- Who suffers from any recent or former spine injury
- Who suffer from symptoms of spine-related conditions
The treatment of spine pain primarily includes finding the cause of that particular symptom and what effect it can have on the normal functioning of the patient. In this blog, we will learn how physiotherapy helps in the treatment of spine pain
Key roles of physiotherapy in the treatment of spine pain
Encouraging the patients to not be immobilized
It is important to know that a patient suffering from spine pain should not be completely immobilized, except for some rare cases. There are countless research papers and case studies to emphasize the continuity of the non-restrictive movements of patients who suffer from any form of spine pain. This activity of encouragement for movement has become so important that it has become the primary feature of the treatment of spine pain through physiotherapy.
Targeted manipulation of the spine
Physiotherapists are much experienced in locating the origin of the pain in the spine. It is done by assisting calculated movements of the spine, through which they first map out the most restricted movements and then locate the origin of the pain in the spine. Specific treatment in this area of the spine is the most significant contributor to the whole treatment of spine pain.
Proper exercises for a specific condition
Every patient suffering from a spine-related condition needs individual attention when it comes to the treatment of their symptoms. In physiotherapy, there is a wide range of stretching techniques and exercises from which a specific set is selected for a patient on the basis of their condition.
Guidance for a proper setup at work
Most of the spine-related issues are caused due to the gradual effect of improper work setup. This is due to the fact that your work setup decides most of the postures that you will be in every day of your life. Physiotherapy care plays an important role in preventing your future spine-related issues by guiding you in setting up your physical work environment.
This type of guidance is not only limited to the people who have to work outside the house, rather it encompasses every person, be it a housewife, who has to perform any task consistently every day. It is important for people to have a workspace that is coherent with the functionality of the spine.
Types of physiotherapies that help in the management of spine pain
- In most cases of spine pain, physiotherapy is given in the form of an organized set of exercises that are specific to the back. The central dogmas of these exercises include:
- Stretching of affected body parts such as thigh, hip, etc.
- Exercises to toughen the back. These may include; cat-cow poses, bridges, back twists, etc.
- Exercises to optimize the blood circulation of the body
- In some cases, exercises and stretching are not suitable or doable for the patient. For this condition of the patient, the physiotherapist may switch to more passive forms of physiotherapies. Some of these physiotherapies include:
- Thermally regulated therapy: In this therapy ice packs and heat packs are used to reduce pain and enhance regulation respectively
- Electrically regulated therapy: In this therapy electric current waves are used to enhance tissue healing in the spine
- Therapy regulated by sound: This therapy is used to warm up the internal structures of the spine by the means of sound waves to create a sense of pain relief
In conclusion, the intent of physiotherapy for spine-related issues is to decrease pain by finding and treating the original location of the pain. In the above blog, we saw certain roles and techniques of physiotherapy that help in the treatment of spine pain
Om Physio Plus Nutrition is a spine clinic in Ahmedabad that holds proficiency in dealing with patients who suffer from symptoms of spine-related issues such as lower back pain, organ immobility due to spine disorders, irregular postures, etc.
At this center, you will find the best physiotherapist for spine pain in terms of experience and expertise.